EuroCC 1 Seminars
Title: EuroCC, CaSToRC-NCC and Overview of HPC Systems
Speaker: Prof. Constantia Alexandrou and Simone Bacchio, Computational Scientist, CaSToRC, The Cyprus Institute
Date: Tuesday 1 December 2020
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020: EuroCC, CaSToRC-NCC and Overview of HPC Systems. Prof. Constantia Alexandrou, CaSToRC, The Cyprus Institute and Professor, Physics Dept, University of Cyprus and Simone Bacchio, Computational Scientist, CaSToRC, The Cyprus Institute
- Tuesday, 22 December 2020: Opportunities for Accessing Computational Resources and Training in Cyprus and Europe. Stelios Erotokritou, Research Specialist, CaSToRC, The Cyprus Institute
- Tuesday, 12 January 2021: Fostering Innovation with HPC, Advanced Simulations, AI and Big Data. Dr Christodoulos Christodoulou, Managing Coordinator, CaSToRC, The Cyprus Institute
- Tuesday, 19 January 2021: High Performance Computing in Structural Biology. Vangelis Daskalakis, Assistant Professor in Computational Physics – Dept. of Chemical Engineering (CM), Cyprus University of Technology (CUT)
- Tuesday, 2 February 2021: Multiscale Modeling of Biomolecules and Materials. Zoe Cournia, Associate Professor of the Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens
- Tuesday, 16 February 2021: Special Displacement Method for the Calculation of Materials’ Properties at Finite Temperatures. Marios Zacharias, Post-doctoral Researcher, Department of Mechanical and Materials Science Engineering, Cyprus University of Technology
- Tuesday, 2 March 2021: PRACE SHAPE Program. Chris Johnson, Project Manager, EPCC, The University of Edinburgh
- Tuesday, 2 March 2021: NCSA Industry Overview with Computational Breakthroughs and Synergies with Artificial Intelligence. Seid Koric, Technical Director of NCSA and Brendan McGinty, Business Development and Management Leader at the University of Illinois
- Tuesday, 16 March 2021: Synergy of High-Performance Computing and Nuclear Physics to Resolve Long-standing Puzzles: The Proton Spin and Mass. Martha Constantinou, Assist. Prof., University of Temple in Philadelphia, USA
- Tuesday 6 April 2021: Designing Novel Nanoporous Materials for Applications in Energy and Environment. From Multi-Scale Modeling to Materials Informatics. Prof. George E. Froudakis, Department of Chemistry, University of Crete, Greece
- Tuesday 20 April 2021: The CYGNUS Models for the Spectral Energy Distributions of Galaxies and their Supermassive Black Holes. Prof. Andreas Efstathiou, European University Cyprus
- Tuesday 4 May 2021: Collagen: Rediscovering the Most Abundant Protein of Our Body with HPC. Prof. Frauke Gräter, Professor, Heidelberg University
- Tuesday 25 May 2021: Making the most out of noisy quantum computers: Strategies for circuit design and error mitigation. Dr. Stefan Kühn, The Cyprus Institute
- Tuesday 1 June 2021: Linear Algebra, Krylov-subspace methods, and multigrid solvers for the discovery of New Physics. Dr Jacob Finkenrath & Dr Simone Bacchio, The Cyprus Institute
- Tuesday 29 June 2021: Simulations for gold nanoparticles: Electronic structure, multi-scale and data-driven approaches. Prof. Ioannis Remediakis, University of Crete
- Tuesday 13 July 2021: Algebraic MultiGrid Preconditioners for Sparse Linear Solvers at Extreme Scales on Hybrid Architectures, Dr. Pasqua D’Ambdra, Institute for Applied Computing, National Research Council of Italy (IAC-CNR)
- Tuesday 20 July 2021: Nanoscale Memristors for Neuromorphic Computing Applications, Dr. Alexandros Emboras, ETH Zürich
The following lists the 24 seminars, provides a link to the page of the seminar where more details (presenter details and seminar abstract) can be found and when possible the link to the presentation and video of the seminar too:
- Tuesday, 7 September 2021: Polymer / Graphene-based Nanocomposites: A Microscopic View Through the Magnifying Glass of Molecular Dynamics Simulations, Prof. K. Karatasos, Chemical Engineering Department, The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Presentation. Video1 Video2.
- Tuesday, 21 September 2021: Enalos Chem / Nano Informatics Tools & Isalos Analytics Platform for Drug Discovery and Materials Design, Dr Andreas Afantitis, Novamechanics Ltd. Video.
- Tuesday, 19 October 2021: Subglass Relaxation in Polymer Glasses: Insights From Multi-Scale Atomistic Simulations, Dr George Vogiatzis, Postdoctoral Researcher School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens.
- Tuesday, 26 October 2021, Post-Processing and Visualizing Large Climate Model Data: Radionuclide Dispersion Modelling and High Performance Computing (HPC), Mr Marco Miani, Computational Support Specialist, The Cyprus Institute. Presentation. Video.
- Tuesday, 16 November 2021, Factoring RSA-250 with PRACE, Prof. Paul Zimmerman, Research Fellow, INRIA. Presentation. Video.
- Tuesday, 23 November 2021, The Great Acceleration in the Design and Discovery of Novel Materials, Prof. Nicola Marzari, Chair of Theory and Simulation of Materials, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland) . Presentation. Video.
- Tuesday, 18 January 2022, Dynamics of Bubble Nucleation, Carlo Massimo Casciola, Sapienza University of Rome. Presentation. Video.
- Tuesday, 25 January 2022, Utilizing Machine Learning for Scale Bridging: From the Atomistic to the Coarse Grained Level and Back, Prof. Christine Peter, University of Konstanz. Video.
- Tuesday, 1 February 2022, Computationally Predicting Better Dopants for Higher Mobility Transparent Conducting Oxides, David Scanlon, Department of Chemistry, University College London. Video.
- Tuesday, 8 February 2022, Local Competition and Stochasticity as a Nexus for Next-Generation Deep Learning, Assoc. Prof. Sotirios Chatzis, Cyprus University of Technology. Video.
- Tuesday, 8 March 2022, Multiscale Simulations of Polymers at Interfaces, Paola Carbone, University of Manchester. Video.
- Tuesday, 12 April 2022, Numerical Simulation of Plasmas in Extremely Intense Fields, Dr. Marija Vranic, Instituto Superior Técnico Lisboa. Presentation.
- Tuesday, 26 April 2022, Synthetic Populations of Protoplanetary Disks, Dr. Ugo Liberally, The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission. Presentation.
- Tuesday, 17 May 2022, Biomolecules Under a Computational Microscope: Protein Structure-Dynamics-Function Relationships by Unifying Molecular Simulations with CryoEM Experiments, Dr. Zacharias Faidon Brotzakis, Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Cambridge. Video.
- 19th May 2022, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Multi-Scale Analysis and High-Performance Computing in Engineering.
- Tuesday, 24 May 2022, The Delta Resonance at Physical Pion Mass from Lattice QCD, Dr. Ferenc Pittler, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Computation-based Science & Technology Research Center, The Cyprus Institute. Video.
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022, In-Silico Studies of Polyelectrolyte Membranes for Flow Batteries and Fuel Cells, Associate Prof. Alexey V. Lyulin, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands.
- Tuesday, 28 June 2022, Simulating the Strong Force Using Large-scale High Performance Computing: State-of-the-art and Future Directions via Machine Learning, Dr Jacob Finkenrath, Computational Scientist, Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), The Cyprus Institute. Video.
- Tuesday, 5 July 2022, Quantum Computing applications for Quantum Chemistry, Prof. Leonardo Guidoni, Dept, Physics and Chemistry, University of L’Aquila, Italy. Video.
- Tuesday, 12 July 2022, Direct Numerical Simulation of Compressible Turbulent Flows Over Rough and Porous Walls, Assistant Professor Davide Modesti, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology.
- Tuesday, 20 Sept 2022, From Bouncing to Making a Splash: Computational Modelling of Impact Across Scales, Assoc. Prof. Radu Cimpeanu, University of Warwick. Video.
- Tuesday, 4 October 2022, Genome-wide Association Studies and Breast Cancer Risk Prediction, Dr Kyriaki Michailidou, Associate Scientist and lead of the Biostatistics Unit, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics. Video.
- Tuesday, 18 October 2022, Machine Learning and High-performance Computing for Neutrino Oscillations, Dr. Saúl Alonso Monsalve, Senior software engineer, Dept. Physics, ETH Zürich, Switzerland. Presentation.
- Tuesday, 8 November 2022, Dissipative Particle Dynamics Simulation of Ultrasound Propagation Through Liquid Water, Prof. Matej Praprotnik, University of Ljubljana.